weasel intophrasal verb
weaseled into; weaseling into; weasels into
Definition of weasel into
chiefly US, informal + usually disapproving
: to get into (a place or situation) by being dishonest, by persuading someone in a clever way, etc. She weaseled (herself) into the position of manager. He managed to weasel his way into the restaurant even though he didn't have a reservation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?