to a frazzleidiom
Definition of to a frazzle
1 : to a very tired or nervous condition By the end of the day, the waitress was worn to a frazzle.
2 British : to a state of being hard, dry, and easily broken The toast had been burned to a frazzle.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game