to a frazzleidiom
Definition of to a frazzle
1 : to a very tired or nervous condition By the end of the day, the waitress was worn to a frazzle.
2 British : to a state of being hard, dry, and easily broken The toast had been burned to a frazzle.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Piano': Its Name Is Only Half the Story
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game