wasn't born yesterdayidiom
Definition of wasn't born yesterday
—used to say that someone is unlikely to believe something that is not true or to trust someone who is not trustworthy He said he'd pay me back, but I'll believe it when I see it. I wasn't born yesterday.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?