wa·ma·ra | \ ˈwämərə \
Definition of wamara
1 : a tree (Swartzia tomentosa) of British Guiana
2 : the very hard purplish black wood of the wamara that has a straight fine uniform grain and is used for various purposes but sparingly because of the difficulty of working it
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game