cam·a·ra | \ ˈkamərə, ¦kamə¦rä\
Definition of camara
1 : the hard and durable wood of the tonka-bean tree and other plants of the genus Dipteryx
2 : the camara nutmeg tree
3 : a tropical American shrub (Lantana camara) having showy yellow-orange tubular flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?