Definition of voice actor
: an actor who provides voice-overs or who voices characters in animated films, video games, etc. And for adults, the movie has exquisite animation … [and] the understatedly hip performances of voice actors Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman of Saturday Night Live.— Joanne Simbal, Video Review, September 1991
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game