ver·gen·cy | \ -nsē, -si\
Definition of vergency
2 : a measure of convergence or divergence of a pencil of rays entering or issuing from a lens or mirror that is expressed as the reciprocal of the distance from lens or mirror to the focus of the rays and for rays through a principal focus is equal to the focal power of the lens or mirror
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?