verge on/uponphrasal verb
verged on/upon; verging on/upon; verges on/upon
Definition of verge on/upon
: to come near to being (something) comedy that verges on farce His accusations were verging on slander.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game