ven·tila·gin | \ ven‧ˈtiləjə̇n; ˌventᵊlˈāj-, -ᵊlˈaj-\
Definition of ventilagin
: a reddish brown resinous coloring matter C15H14O6 derived from anthraquinone and obtained from the root bark of an East Indian woody vine (Ventilago maderaspatana) of the family Rhamnaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?