ur·sin·ia | \ ˌərˈsinēə\
Definition of ursinia
1 capitalized : a genus of annual or perennial southern African herbs or subshrubs (family Compositae) used as ornamentals with usually yellow flowers and fruit with a white enlarged pappus
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Ursinia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game