Definition of urban planner
: one whose job is to develop comprehensive plans and designs for the use of space within cities, towns, developments, etc. The intense competition for space among residential, industrial, recreational, agricultural, and transportation interests presents a continual series of problems to the urban planner.— Thomas Eugene Avery et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?