up to the markidiom
Definition of up to the mark
: up to the usual standard of performance, quality, etc. : as good as usual —usually used in negative statements I haven't been feeling up to the mark lately.His work hasn't been up to the mark.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?