Definition of untempered
: not tempered: such as
a : not moderated or made less extreme … a devotion to universal values untempered by any respect for the concrete well-being of men and women.— Zygmunt Bauman
b : not brought to a proper consistency untempered mortar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?