un·sustained | \ "+\
Definition of unsustained
: not sustained: such as
a obsolete : not physically sustained or supported
b : not kept up or supported by some aid leaving the station feeling empty and unsustained— S. H. Adams unsustained any longer by loans, the business failed
c : not kept or continued at a consistently high level a convolution of plots makes for unsustained interest — Current Biography
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game