un·speculative | \ "+\
Definition of unspeculative
: not speculative: such as
a : not pondering or given to thought exhibits a facile and unspeculative mind
b : not risky : of a conservative nature : sound containing a large number of bonds and blue-chip stocks, his investment portfolio is clearly unspeculative
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?