un·philosophic | \ "+\
variants: or unphilosophical \ "+ \
Definition of unphilosophic
1 : not in accordance with philosophic knowledge or methods an unphilosophic judgment
2 : lacking philosophic breadth, insight, or temperament the unphilosophic specialist may be a fool in every field not his own— A. L. Guérard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?