: not having an identifying mark or distinctive notation
- "I want five thousand dollars in unmarked singles."
- —Ed McBain
- … an unmarked storefront on Melrose Avenue.
- —Gerri Hirshey
of a road
: not having a marker giving a street name or route number
- … an unmarked, graveled road running parallel with the levee.
- —American Guide Series: Louisiana
: not noticed : unobserved
- To let the death of such a man go unmarked would be, for one offense, to slight ourselves.
- —Stanley Kauffman
: not characterized
- wrote political articles unmarked by a regard for truth
- The Christmas season passed, unmarked by any rejoicing.
- —Elizabeth George Speare