Definition of unexamined
: not subjected to examination (such as critical scrutiny, analysis, or comparison) : not carefully weighed or examined … encouraging students to question their own unexamined beliefs …— Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt With every aspect of public education coming under increased scrutiny, no program is left unexamined.— Patty Kohler and Jacque Reese "The unexamined life is not worth living."— translation of Socrates, as quoted in Plato's Apology
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game