Definition of unexamined
: not subjected to examination (such as critical scrutiny, analysis, or comparison) : not carefully weighed or examined … encouraging students to question their own unexamined beliefs …— Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt With every aspect of public education coming under increased scrutiny, no program is left unexamined.— Patty Kohler and Jacque Reese "The unexamined life is not worth living."— translation of Socrates, as quoted in Plato's Apology
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game