Definition of underdrag
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of underdrag (Entry 2 of 2)
: the combined tensile stresses exerted by an overthrust rock mass upon rocks which overlie it but are not themselves under compressive thrusting stresses and therefore tend to be stretched and broken by normal faulting
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game