Definition of unacted
1 : not performed an unacted play
2 : not expressed in action restless with unacted desire … the deep human soul within us, full of unspoken evil and unacted good.— George Eliot —often used with on or upon The committee's recommendations have gone unacted on. [=have not been acted on]
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game