Definition of unaccredited
: not recognized as meeting prescribed standards or requirements : not accredited an unaccredited institution As the school was unaccredited and still didn't offer degrees (as opposed to certificates), they were ineligible for federal loans.— Leslie Spenser
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game