Definition of ultraorthodox
: characterized by strict adherence to orthodox beliefs or practices taking an ultraorthodox approach ultraorthodox views —usually written as ultra-Orthodox when referring to Orthodox Judaism an ultra-Orthodox woman… in Borough Park, Brooklyn, home of the largest ultra-Orthodox Jewish community outside Jerusalem.— Deborah Sontag
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game