Definition of ultraluminous
: emitting an extremely large amount of electromagnetic radiation (such as light, X-rays, or infrared radiation) : extremely luminous an ultraluminous infrared galaxy We review the likely population, observational properties, and broad implications of stellar-mass black holes and ultraluminous x-ray sources.— Rob Fender et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game