variants: or ultracommercial
Definition of ultra-commercial
: designed exclusively for quick market success as opposed to quality or artistic merit an ultracommercial movie … the sort of ultra-commercial, high gloss Top 40 pop that made Daphne & Celeste famous in the first place.— Cameron Cook … the British middle-classes … disdained the very worst of crass, mass-produced, ultra-commercial culture.— Alex Proud
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game