Definition of two-toed sloth
: any of a genus (Choloepus of the family Megalonychidae) of sloths having two clawed digits on each forefoot, three clawed digits on each hind foot, and usually six or seven vertebrae in the neck — compare three-toed sloth
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game