Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Origin and Etymology of twizzle
Definition of twizzle
- The presentation includes complicated spins, tricky footwork, lifts and “twizzles,” which are vertical spins performed as the skater moves across the ice.
- —M. Ferguson Tinsley, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 5 Jan. 2006
- Quite simply, their heartfelt performance and technical mastery over ice dancing's ever more difficult elements—the lifts and spins and twizzles—set the bar too high …
- —Dan Barnes, Calgary Herald (Alberta, Canada), 23 Feb. 2010
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up twizzle? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).