twists and turnsidiom
Definition of twists and turns
1 : surprising changes It's hard to follow all the twists and turns of the plot.
2 : curves and frequent changes of direction The road through the mountains has many twists and turns.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game