twin·ter | \ ˈtwintə(r)\
Definition of twinter
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a sheep, ox, or horse that has lived through two winters
Definition of twinter (Entry 2 of 2)
: two years old —used especially of sheep and cattlea twinter ewe
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game