Definition of twenty-sixth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 26 in a countable series the twenty-sixth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 26 equal parts into which something is divisible a twenty-sixth share of the money
Definition of twenty-sixth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 26 in a countable series the twenty-sixth of the month
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 26 : one of 26 equal parts of something one twenty-sixth of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game