Definition of twenty-seventh
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 27 in a countable series the twenty-seventh day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 27 equal parts into which something is divisible a twenty-seventh share of the money
Definition of twenty-seventh (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 27 in a countable series the twenty-seventh day of the month
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 27 : one of 27 equal parts of something one twenty-seventh of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game