Definition of twenty-nine
(Entry 1 of 3)
twenty-ninepronoun, plural in construction
Definition of twenty-nine (Entry 2 of 3)
: 29 countable persons or things not specified but under consideration and being enumerated twenty-nine are here twenty-nine were found
Definition of twenty-nine (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : nine and 20
2a : 29 units or objects a total of twenty-nine
b : a group or set of 29
3 : the numerable quantity symbolized by the arabic numerals 29
4 : the 29th in a set or series especially : an article of clothing of the 29th size wears a twenty-nine
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?