Definition of twenty-eighth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 28 in a countable series the twenty-eighth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 28 equal parts into which something is divisible a twenty-eighth share of the money
Definition of twenty-eighth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 28 in a countable series the twenty-eighth of the month
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 28 : one of 28 equal parts of something one twenty-eighth of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game