turn roundphrasal verb
turned round; turning round; turns round
Definition of turn round
1 : to cause a vehicle to travel in the opposite direction We turned round in someone's driveway. She turned the car round and drove back home.
2 : to change and become better or more successful The economy should turn round soon.
3 : to change (something) in a way that makes it better or more successful The new CEO has really turned the company round in the past year.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game