Definition of tungsten bronze
: any of a series of highly colored lustrous crystalline compounds of variable composition that are mixed oxides of tungsten and usually sodium or other alkali metal, that are good conductors of electricity, and that can be made by reduction of a normal tungstate (as sodium tungstate Na2WO4 with tungsten) or of tungsten trioxide with sodium
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game