trusted to; trusting to; trusts to
Definition of trust to
1 : to rely on (something one has no control over, such as luck or chance) to get what one wants or needs All we can do at this point is hope for the best and trust to luck.
2 : to give the responsibility of doing (something) to (someone) They trusted the care of their daughter to her grandparents while they were on vacation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game