Definition of true cinnamon
: ceylon cinnamon I went on to discover that what I'd tasted in Mexico was true cinnamon, a relatively mellow, subtly floral spice quite different from the one that I and most other Americans grew up eating in apple pie, cinnamon red hots, and cinnamon toast.— Sara Dickerman, Saveur, October 2009 It's considered “true” cinnamon, as opposed to the thicker quills of cassia that are sold as cinnamon sticks in the U.S.— Jane Daniels Lear, Gourmet, September 2003
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game