tro·poph·i·lous | \ trōˈpäfələs\
variants: or less commonly tropophil \ ˈträpəˌfil \
Definition of tropophilous
: physiologically adjusted to or thriving in an environment that undergoes marked periodic changes (as in temperature, soil moisture, or available light)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game