tro·phi | \ ˈtrōˌfī\
Definition of trophi
1 : the mouthparts of an arthropod (as an insect) including the labrum, labium, maxillae, mandibles, and hypopharynx with their appendages
2 : the masticating organs of a rotifer including the incus and the two mallei broadly : mastax
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?