tropaeolinnoun, often capitalized
variants: or tropeolin \ trōˈpēələ̇n \
Definition of tropaeolin
: any of several orange or orange-yellow azo dyes some of which (as methyl orange) are used as acid-base indicators or as biological stains
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game