trincomali woodnoun, often capitalized T
variants: or trincomalee wood \ ¦triŋkōmə¦lē- \
Definition of trincomali wood
1 : a tropical Asiatic timber tree (Berrya ammonilla) of the family Tiliaceae with hard dark wood
2 : the wood of the trincomali wood tree
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game