tri·dactyl | \ (ˈ)trī+\
variants: or tridactylous \ "+ \ or less commonly tridactyle \ -¦daktᵊl \
Definition of tridactyl
: having three fingers or toes the tridactyl foot of some reptiles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?