tri·con·odon | \ trīˈkänəˌdän \
Definition of triconodon
1 capitalized : a genus of small generalized Jurassic mammals that have teeth with three simple cones and are associated with Marsupialia or Multituberculata or more usually placed with a few related forms in the order Triconodonta
2 plural -s : any mammal or fossil of the genus Triconodon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game