tri·chog·e·nous | \ trə̇ˈkäjənəs\
variants: or less commonly trichogenic \ ¦trikə¦jenik \
Definition of trichogenous
: producing hair especially : being one of the hypodermal cells of insects and other arthropods that produce the chitinous hairs or spinules on the surface of the body and limbs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game