tri·acid | \ "+\
Definition of triacid
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : able to react with three molecules of a monobasic acid or one of a tribasic acid to form a salt or ester —used especially of bases
2 : containing three hydrogen atoms replaceable by basic atoms or radicals —used especially of acid salts
Definition of triacid (Entry 2 of 2)
: an acid (as phosphoric acid or citric acid) having three acid hydrogen atoms
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game