Definition of treasure hunt
1 : an act of searching for treasure The adventurers set sail on a treasure hunt. —sometimes used figuratively a treasure hunt at one of the city's flea markets
2 : a game in which each player or team tries to be the first to find an object or group of objects that have been hidden
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game