Definition of traumatic acid
: a crystalline unsaturated dicarboxylic acid HOOC(CH2)8CH=CHCOOH that is obtained especially from the pods of green beans or by synthesis and that promotes healing of plant wounds; 2-dodec-ene-dioic acid — see wound hormone
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game