Definition of touring car
: an automobile suitable for distance driving: such as
a : a vintage automobile with two cross seats, usually four doors, and a folding top : phaeton sense 2
b : a modern usually 2-door sedan as distinguished from a sports car
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game