toss backphrasal verb
tossed back; tossing back; tosses back
Definition of toss back
: to drink (something) quickly He tossed back a shot of whiskey.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game